Commercial and Residential Real Estate Services
Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) | Services
PHASE Associates board accredited professionals are able to conduct inspection and testing for the following:
- Mold | Stachybotrys, Aspergillus, etc.
- Asbestos | Found in building materials – floor tiles and pipe insulation)
- Bacteria | Legionella, E.Coli – in water
- Chemicals | Formaldehyde, odors, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs)
- Dust and particulates | Fire soot
- Allergens | Pollen, dust mites, animal dander
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Electromagnetic Fields | High tension powerlines
- Metals | Lead, copper, iron, PH
- Water Intrusion Diagnostics
The scope of an IEQ survey typically involves:
- Gathering initial information and interviewing occupant(s) for symptoms and complaints (if any).
- Investigating the over-all environmental conditions – evaluate the HVAC and areas of concern
- Testing for general indoor air quality indicators – temperature, CO, CO2, relative humidity
- Collecting microbial contaminant samples – mold, bacteria, fungi
- Sampling any chemical agents VOCs, dust, Formaldehyde, odor
- Preparing a written report of findings with recommendations for corrective measures and/or remediation plan (including pre-remediation and post-remediation surveys)
PHASE Associates uses the latest direct-reading instruments and accredited laboratories and test methods when collecting samples.
We have worked with insurance companies and remediation companies as a third-party contractor. We also contract directly with real estate agents, property management companies, property owners, public adjusters and homeowners.
Professional Certifications | Licenses
» Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH)
» Certified Safety Professionals (CSP)
» Certified Microbial Consultants (CMC)
» Radon Measurement Specialists (RMS)
» State of New York Licensed Mold Assessors
» State of New Jersey and New York Licensed EPA Asbestos Inspectors