Exposure to loud and sustain noise can have long term effects to hearing which can eventually lead to hearing loss. In response, OSHA and NIOSH have set legal limits on noise exposure in the workplace. These limits are based on a worker’s time weighted average over an 8-hour day.
PHASE Associates industrial hygiene professionals have many years of experience in providing noise exposure evaluations, surveys and controls for both industrial and community sources. Our services include but not limited to:
- Determine employee exposure by conducting personal noise dosimetry and sound level survey, sampling and mapping.
- Develop and Hearing Control Program if noise levels exceed OSHA exposure levels.
- Evaluate and implement engineering and administrative controls.
- Assist with the selection and design of hearing protection devices.
- Set up a hearing protection training program.
- Conduct community noise surveys and recommendations for corrective actions for following the local municipal noise codes.
- Establishment of ear protection at risk noise areas.